Our Inver Grove Heights Chiropractor Offers Drug-Free Solutions for People Living with Arthritis
Inver Grove Heights chiropractor Dr. Scott Stinson has spent his career honing his clinical skills to help him deliver high quality and drug-free care and help people living with arthritis maximize their quality of life.
Arthritis actually includes over 100 unique conditions, and what they primarily have in common is joint inflammation. According to arthritis.org, over 50,000 million adults and 300,000 children are living with a form of it.
Some common types of arthritis we see at our chiropractic clinic include:
- Osteoarthritis - this is caused by degeneration of the intra-articular surfaces, generally due to overuse and prolonged wear and tear
- Gout - a metabolic type of arthritis caused by build of metabolites called uric crystals in the joints
- Rheumatoid arthritis - joint inflammation due to an auto-immune dysfunction, which causes the body to "attack" its own joint lining
It may not always be clear what's causing or exacerbating your arthritis. Common causes and risk factors include:
- Genetics (especially in the case of autoimmune-related arthritis, since this can be inherited)
- A history of injury, illness, or infection
- Advancing age
- Cigarette smoking or the ingestion of other known inflammatory mediators (like alcohol and refined sugar)
Common Signs & Symptoms of Arthritis
People who have arthritis often complain of the following changes in their affected joint or joints:
- Pain (sore, throbbing, dull, achy)
- Muscle weakness
- Creaking, cracking, popping, or grinding
- Joint deformities
These symptoms can come and go in flare-ups or they can become more constant. They may become worse at certain times of the day, upon rising, or even with fluctuating stress levels.
How Our Chiropractor Can Manage & Relieve Arthritis
Conventional management of arthritis often involves a regime of medications or invasive procedures which can come with a range of undesired side effects. By seeing a chiropractor, you may be able to reduce or eliminate your need for drugs and avoid surgery.
Here are a few services our chiropractor in Inver Grove Heights, MN can provide you or your loved one following his initial examination:
- Gentle joint mobilizations - relieve pain and maximize joint alignment
- Massage therapy - stimulate circulation, relax tense and guarded muscles
- Strong Posture rehabilitation - improve core stability and reduce joint stress
- Nutritional counseling - learn about foods you should be eating to reduce inflammation and maintain lean body mass